Friday, January 4, 2008

Claustrophobia


Yesterday, as I sat on the table getting ready for an MRI of my elbow, the nice lady asked if I was claustrophobic. I said "no" but part of me wanted to say, "no, unless I am stuck between my bed and the wall." I seem to recall being placed in this position by my older brother when I was eight years old. I didn't much like it as it felt like some sort of torture. As the nice lady slid me into the MRI machine I asked if there was any air in there and why was I getting so hot. I didn't really panic but realized that this wasn't going to work. As the nice lady slid be back out after about 20 seconds she said I would do much better next time with a mild sedative. I think I will wait to see if my elbow starts feeling better.

1 comment:

Nate Digg said...

this reminds me of my MRI.... at least I hope it was an MRI